To provide first class, professional administrative support to the Company and their Customers and Suppliers, ensuring that all parties are updated on a regular basis regarding the progression of sales orders. Duties will include supporting the Operations Manager and Production Manager with administration and scheduling of work in line with Customer requirements.
- General Office Duties: promptly greet all visitors, answer and transfer incoming calls, respond to customer enquiries as advised, assist team with managing key accounts, assist with the daily scheduling of orders, processing the release of orders, receiving of deliveries, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail, producing weekly reports as advised, assisting with meetings and assisting the team with office-related issues.
- To gain and retain a knowledge of quotes/potential orders by liaising with the Estimator and assisting where necessary to ensure timely responses to customers.
- To input and maintain customer order information accurately on to MELOPs (Company Database) system, i.e., quotation, order entry, job card creation, release/despatch, invoicing.
- To overview orders in the Contract Review process to assist the team to ensure they will be processed in line with customers’ requirement in a timely manner and assist in feeding back to customer where necessary.
- To liaise with Estimator, Production and Quality departments during contract review to ensure part materials and route cards fall in line with workflow and quality requirements.
- To assist purchasing and production to ensure materials are in stock ready for production in line with route card start dates.
- To assist with supplier ordering, deliveries and further operation purchase orders
- To liaise with production and despatch so that timelines are adhered to, whilst ensuring the customer is kept updated as to the status of their product and chase through any delays.
- Update Customer’s weekly schedules so advising customers of progress and any potential issues or delays.
- To liaise with despatch to ensure all deliveries are on time in line with customer requirements.
- Filing and scanning of orders, certificates, and associated company information
- Adhering to the appropriate chains of communication within the department and Company
- Strive to be flexible assisting all team members where necessary i.e., providing cover for other team members on rotational basis or as and when required.
- To work within the company quality requirements (ISO).
PERSONAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Word and Excel and databases
- Good telephone manner
- Meticulous attention to detail, methodical approach to work ensuring accuracy at all times
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Excellent team worker, but with the ability to work alone.
- Positive approach / attitude to customer service and working as a team
- Driven and self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in their approach
- Highlight inefficient processes or recommend changes to bring improvement