The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a £100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a Finance Manager to join the team at Didsbury Engineering based in Wilmslow.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparation of the Monthly Management Accounts including deviance investigation
- Oversee Sales and Purchase Ledger and Cash Flow management, reporting to senior management/Group Head Office
- Work Collaboratively with Sales and Contracts to manage customer agreements
- Build and maintain a professional relationship with internal and external stakeholders including auditors, tax advisors and HMRC representatives
- Oversee reconciliation of banking, company credit and fuel cards
- Line Management responsibility for the Finance Department including workload planning and distribution, recruitment, performance and absence management, disciplinary and grievance management etc.
- Adhoc Finance project work as required
- Orchestrate and report on mid and annual stock takes
- Maintaining and updating fixed asset records
- Consistent challenging and reporting of key business costs such as the supply chain or capital investments
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
- 5+years finance experience
- Computer literate, able to use standard office software
- Familiarity with Sage Payroll, or similar, coupled with GDPR awareness
- Professional conduct demonstrated at all times with the ability to remain calm under pressure/working to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail, methodical approach to work ensuring accuracy at all times
- Positive, common-sense approach to workload management and collaborative working
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to motivate self and others using positive methods
- Good interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication and trustworthiness
Desirable Skills / Attributes::
- AAT level 3 Qualification or Higher
- Payroll experience
- Previous experience working in a SME
- Previous Line Management experience
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, working 37.5 hours per week during the hours of 09:00am – 5:00pm with a daily half hour lunch break.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.