INJECTION MOULDING TECHNICIAN
Linton Plastic Moulders – Sudbury, Suffolk
The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a £100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for an Injection Moulding Technician to join the team at Linton Plastic Moulders based in Sudbury, Suffolk.
The successful candidate will manage the shift, machines and employees to ensure the smooth running of the production process and guarantee that all products produced are to the stated specifications.
You will be responsible for:
- To take full responsibility of the quality and product that is produced within the shift, in line with the company’s quality systems, processes and procedures.
- Manage, develop and motivate employees.
- Monitor measure and report on production related process performance, general issues.
- To ensure good communication is given either verbally or written to all members of staff.
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules and regulations are adhered to during the shifts and all matters relating to this, are dealt with, using the resources within the company, in line with the companies Health and Safety policy.
- Use problem solving and troubling shooting skills to ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast effective action to resolve the problems in hand.
- To work closely with the General Manager to ensure production handovers are effectively communicated.
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a clean and safe workplace.
- All employees are responsible for ensuring company resources are used in an effective manner to ensure best operating costs.
- Be able to make appropriate decisions whilst following the companies’ organisational structure.
- To set the correct tool into the moulding machine as required by the LPMRC Job Card, using clamps, bolts and hand tools as necessary.
- To set machine controls to regulate temperature, moulding pressure and cycle time according to the specification/procedures for each job card
- To ensure the correct raw materials are added to the hopper and then commence production.
- To remove First Off for each job and take to the Administrator with the Job Card for processing and issue of correct raw materials.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the machine operator is aware of the necessary work required of them for the correct quality of the finished product.
- When the job is finished to remove the Last Off and store with the tooling in the correct racking. Give the completed job card to the administrator for completion.
- To carry out all repairs and maintenance as required throughout the shift.
- To liaise with the General Manager to ensure smooth running of the shop floor and organisation of the work schedule.
- To report any problems, breakdowns, staffing issues etc. to the General Manager or Administrator in a timely fashion.
- To ensure that all machines are set and ready to run for the Operators to commence their shift.
- To ensure that each operator is completely aware of all aspects of the work they are given to do and understand the importance of Quality checking and hourly checking procedures.
- To ensure that all product is correctly labelled and identifiable including anything in the regrind room.
Personal Skills / Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience with the implementation of ISO9001-2008
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment as a Shift Supervisor or within an equivalent capacity. Ideally from a plastics background.
- Experience working on the following injection moulding machines would be an advantage: Sandretto, Boy, Arburg, Negri Bossi, Sarac, and Auto Model 140. Correct training will be given if required.
- Able to oversee staff effectively and efficiently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan and organise within strict deadlines
- Excellent team worker, with the ability and self-discipline to work alone effectively
- Positive approach to production support and customer service
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Maintains a professional attitude, keeps calm and controlled
- Confident working in a demanding and pressurised environment
- Adaptable and flexible in approach to change
- Proactive decision making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use conceptual thinking and awareness to generate new ideas
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, working on a 2-week shift rota:
Week 1: 05:00am – 2:30pm
Week 2: 1:30pm – 11:00pm
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.