PACKAGING AND LOGISTICS SUPPORT
Didsbury Engineering – Wilmslow – Cheshire
The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a £100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a Packaging and Logistics Support to join the team at Didsbury Engineering based in Wilmslow, Cheshire.
Supervise the timely and accurate storage and supply of materials to meet production and sales objectives.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as Production and Quality to ensure that outgoing product(s) are despatched with the appropriate paperwork including material/component certification
- Ensure that outgoing product(s) are labelled, packaged and shipped in line with the business expectations, paying special attention to quantity, corresponding serial numbers and transport requirements and restrictions
- Assist with goods in, working closely with colleagues in Procurement and Stores to ensure adequate quality and quantity materials are available in good time
- As required, assist with collection and deliver of materials and components to and from both customers and suppliers
ESSENTIAL PERSONAL SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Full UK driving licence and confidence driving company vehicles such as a long wheel-base van
- Adequate level of physical fitness, mobility and dexterity to ensure packing and transportation of product(s) can be carried out
- FLT (Counterbalance) Licence
- Computer literate, able to use standard office software
- Familiarity with stock management software
- Common-sense approach to workload management with the ability to react positively to changing demands
- High levels of attention to detail and problem solving
DESIRABLE SKILLS / ATTRIBUTES:
- Previous experience working in an engineering company
- Previous stores management experience
- Face-to-face customer service experience
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, working 37.5 hours per week during the hours of 08:00am – 4:00pm with a daily half hour lunch break.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.