Didsbury Engineering – Wilmslow – Cheshire
The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a £100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a Product Specialist to join the team at Didsbury Engineering based in Wilmslow, Cheshire.
The role will be to liaise closely with both technical and sales staff to monitor all aspects of specific Didsbury Engineering product lifecycles, including long and short term technical development, and establishing marketing and promotional strategies.
You will be responsible for:
- Work closely with Senior Sales and Technical manager to define specific Didsbury products short term and long-term product strategy
- Develop a specialised and detailed understanding of specific Didsbury products
- Create Didsbury Engineering product specific strategy document, with an appropriate action plan
- Drive current product development projects internally including chairing of meetings, tailored project management and in-direct management of sales/technical team members workloads
- Continuously discuss with customers their current and future technical requirements related to specific products
- Work with Quality and Technical teams to ensure new products meet the current and future required technical and legislative standards
- Interpret customer instructions and/or technical drawings and liaise directly with designers
- Work with Sales team to develop relevant customer and market research.
- Engage with supply chains to ensure the most suitable and most efficient manufacturing processes utilised
- Face-to-face meetings with internal and external stakeholders such as suppliers, product designers and customers as required
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the Group product and services and cross and/or upsell when liaising with customers
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
- HND/HNC with at least five years’ experience in a light to medium engineering company working in a technical and/or sales environment
- Ability to read and fully understand technical drawings
- Experience of project management or project engineering
- Computer literate, with good knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- High standard of written and verbal English with an excellent telephone manner
- Positive approach / attitude to customer service (both internal and external customers)
- Creditable and able to liaise confidently with both internal and external stakeholders including customers, suppliers and regulatory bodies
- Professional conduct demonstrated at all times with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to motivate self and work alone or as part of a team
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Continuous-improvement mindset; highlight inefficient processes and suggest changes
- Previous experience working in a SME
- ISO 9001 experience
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, working 37.5 hours per week during the hours of 9:00am – 5:00pm with a daily half hour lunch break.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.