QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR
Didsbury Engineering – Wilmslow – Cheshire
The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a £100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Inspector to join the team at Didsbury Engineering based in Wilmslow.
To assist the Quality Assurance Manager to establish, maintain and improve product quality standards throughout Didsbury Engineering, ensuring that all products despatched confirm to customer’s specific requirements and to assist with the maintenance and development of the quality management systems to ISO9001:2015 and support continual improvement projects.
You will be responsible for:
- To oversee all good inwards and booking in procedures
- To support the Inspection team so that appropriate inspection is conducted on all incoming manufactured and purchased components, specifically ensuring that they meet the requirements of the purchase order and referenced specifications
- To carry out final testing of Didsbury and non-Didsbury products in accordance with written procedures (training provided)
- Management of components/ products using the IBS system including records for traceability
- Generation of First Article Inspection Reports as required
- Processing components post inspection and dependant on outcome, reject and return to supplier weights, jigs, fixtures and test apparatus
- Identify, record and report Quality concerns, liaising with suppliers to resolve quality issues
- Contact suppliers directly to deal with issues
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
- GDPR Awareness
- Flexible along with a positive attitude
- Good decision making
- Experience in a light to medium engineering company working in a quality assurance role
- Competent with inspection tooling
- Able to read and understand manufacturing drawings
- Computer literate, able to use standard office software
- Familiar with operation of manufacturing, purchasing and engineering design departments
- Creditable and able to liaise confidently/professionally with colleagues and external suppliers
- Ability to motivate self and work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Good working understanding of engineering/ISO standards and specifications relating to purchased and manufactured parts.
- LEEA trained would be an advantage
- Forklift Licence
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, working 37.5 hours per week during the hours of 08:30am – 5:00pm with a daily half hour lunch break.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.