Redmayne Engineering, Lymington, Hampshire
The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a 100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a Receptionist/Administrator to join the team at Redmayne Engineering based in Lymington, Hampshire. This is a fast pace role, suitable for a candidate who can provide first class, professional support to the Company.
You will be responsible for:
- Typing of correspondence on behalf of the Management Team, both private, confidential and general.
- Managing visitors signing in.
- Distributing post incoming & outgoing.
- Various administrative duties such as, creating release documents and raising and sending purchase orders / entering time ticket information onto system /Sorting through despatch paperwork and distributing accordingly
- Raising and sending invoices to customers.
- Managing stationery & consumables stock and reordering when necessary.
- Petty cash reconciliation.
- Raising treatment paperwork for Inspection.
- Requesting quotes and ordering of tooling for Shop Floor.
- Ensuring correct data is inputted and detailed on company certificates
- Producing customer quotations via internal computer software
- Filing and scanning of faxes, orders, certificates and associated company information
- Keep in a clean, tidy and organised system, all paperwork associated with current and past work packs
- Adhering to the appropriate chains of communication within the department and Company
- Strive to be flexible within the department, supporting all team members where necessary i.e. providing cover for reception on rotational basis or as and when required
- Perform other duties as and when required by the manager / supervisor of the department
- Answering and fielding telephone calls to the correct individuals or departments
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate with basic knowledge of Word and Excel and databases
- Ability to achieve high accuracy of data input over long periods
- Knowledge of switchboard use an advantage
- Focused on achieving the best possible results
- Methodical approach to work ensuring accuracy at all times
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Ability to work alone. Has the desire to succeed as an individual and with the surrounding team
- Positive approach / attitude to customer service (both internal and external customers)
- Highly driven and self-motivated, flexible and adaptable in approach
- Highlight inefficient processes or recommend changes to bring improvement
This is a permanent role, working 39 hours per week during the hours of 07:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and 07:30am – 12:30pm on Friday.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.