MEL Aviation Ltd – Sudbury, Suffolk
The MEL Group are family run, with a realistic goal to be a £100 million a year business. We are a total engineering solution provider to the global aerospace and defence market and to industry in general.
An opportunity has arisen for a Technician to join the team at MEL Aviation Ltd based in Sudbury, Suffolk.
We are looking for an individual to join the team who has a passion for Engineering and would like to train and develop to become a multi-skilled Technician. You will be carrying out technical procedures for the overhaul and repair of safety equipment for the Aerospace Industry.
Ideally you will already have some form of Engineering qualification and will be looking to develop your technical ability from on the job training.
You will be responsible for:
- To carry out Hydrostatic testing of pressure vessels including inspection and cleaning in accordance with MEL internal procedures and regulatory requirements
- Attention to detail and an appreciation of the exceptional working standards required in the Aviation industry
- The ability to use tooling and test equipment in the correct manner
- To work within a team environment, and as an individual with good communication skills
- Exceptional standards of housekeeping
- Responsible for adhering to Health and Safety rules and procedures
- Conducting assigned tasks in a controlled and safe manner, paying respect to colleagues and equipment
- Move pressure vessels and other equipment within work bays without damage to self, colleagues or equipment
- To apply understanding of FAR / EASA regulations and other applicable regulatory bodies
- A keen appreciation of quality assurance
- Willingness to learn and develop capability
- To work safely, within guidelines, with highly pressurised gas systems
- To work to set standards and deadlines
- Adhere to company policies and procedures at all times
Essential Personal Skills / Attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, at all levels
- Numeracy and literacy skills
- Flexible attitude and approach
- Able-bodied (able to lift safe loads without assistance)
- Good record of technical competence within the Company or from previous experience
- Basic mechanical / engineering knowledge
- Positive attitude combined with a ‘common sense’ approach
- Ability to work well within a team and as an individual
- Meticulous attention to detail, with a methodical approach to tasks
- Takes pride in self and work
This is a permanent role, Monday to Friday, working 40 hours per week during the hours of 08:00am – 5:00pm with a daily hour lunch break.
In return you will have the support to develop and grow within an ever-expanding company, with benefits such as 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme and free parking.